Enjoy Entertainment On Campus

1
1

With the UCI campus acting as a constant reminder that there are classes to attend and tests to be taken, many students find it difficult to relax while in school.
Many of the easily accessible outlets for entertainment on campus are often overlooked and infrequently used.
There is much to do on campus during Welcome Week. For instance, ASUCI organizes an entire week of events geared towards freshmen to familiarize them with both college life and each other. Activities range from a showing of ‘Old School’ on the Student Center lawn to Comedy Night at the Bren Events Center.
The Anteater Recreation Center, or ARC, is also doing its part to welcome new students to UCI. ‘Late Night: Partying to the Crack of Dawn,’ will be taking place all night long on Sept. 24. This year’s Late Night is themed around the late 1980s, and will feature demonstrations, carnival games and tournaments in addition to showcasing the ARC’s facilities and programs. Highly anticipated Late Night events include the PlayStation 2 Madden NFL 2004 video game tournament and a 1988 True or False Trivia Challenge.
Both the ARC and ASUCI organizes events for UCI students throughout the year.
ASUCI in particular coordinates both special occasion and weekly events. Starting in the first week, ASUCI will feature advance movie screening or video rental showing every Tuesday at the Humanities Instructional Building. Tickets are free and will be available at UCItems the Wednesday prior to the screening.
ASUCI intends to continue with noon performances on the Terrace Top featuring bands in addition to other forms of entertainment. Wednesdays are also Coffee Nights from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Cornerstone Caf