Movies to Watch for as the Fall Film Season Ends

3
3

The Matrix Revolutions
Warner Brothers Studios
November 5, 2003
‘The Matrix Revolutions’ is the third and final film of the Matrix Trilogy. Picking up where ‘Matrix Reloaded’ left off, ‘Revolutions’ follows Neo (Keanu Reeves), Trinity (Carrie-Anne Moss) and Morpheus (Laurence Fishburne) in their quest to free the enslaved human race from both the Machines and the Matrix.
‘Reloaded’ ended with the imminent destruction of the last human city, Zion. Neo is unconscious and Agent Smith (Hugo Weaving) has escaped the Matrix.
Expect ‘Revolutions’ to answer the questions that ‘Reloaded’ left behind.

Elf
New Line Cinema
November 7, 2003
‘Elf’ tells the story of Buddy (Will Ferrell), a child who crawled into Santa’s bag one Christmas and was subsequently taken back to the North Pole. Buddy was quickly taken in and cared for by the elves, but quickly realized that he may be out of place once he grew to be three times their size. As a result, he travels to New York City in search of his real family. He encounters his true famliy father (James Caan), mother (Mary Steenburgen) and 10-year-old-half-brother, and finds out that they’re more naughty than nice. ‘Elf’ is directed by John Favreau (‘Swingers’).

Love Actually
Universal Pictures
November 7, 2003
Taking place weeks before Christmas, ‘Love Actually’ is ten separate romantic comedies summing up to one big story about love. Set in contemporary London, ‘Love Actually’ stars Hugh Grant, Liam Neeson, Colin Firth, Laura Linney and Emma Thompson among others.
For example, one story is about a newly single Prime Minister (Grant), who manages to fall in love within 30 seconds of meeting the waitress who brings him his tea in 10 Downing Street. Each story comes together and ends in a grand finale that takes place on Christmas Eve.

The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
New Line Cinema
December 17, 2003
With the strong returning cast of Elija Wood, Sean Astin, Ian McKellen, Viggo Mortensen and John Rhys-Davies, ‘The Return of the King’ is the third and final film of the ‘Lord of the Rings’ trilogy based on the novels by J.R.R Tolkien.
The ring gets increasingly closer to the Cracks of Doom while Frodo (Wood) remains in the possession of the Orcs. Meanwhile, the armies of the Dark Lord are steadily in creasing in size. Saruman has been defeated in a surprising return by Gandolf (McKellen), while Aragorn is revealed as the last and hidden heir to the ancient kings.