Palestinians’ Future Relies on Downfall of Arafat

3
3

‘War is a dream, peace is a nightmare,’ Yasser Arafat said in an interview with Radio Palestine on June 6, 2001.
That quote sums up better than I ever could what Yasser Arafat’s agenda and goal is for the Palestinian people.
For everything he has done Arafat should be removed, if not exiled then tried in Israel for crimes against humanity.
The Israelis, however, have to learn to keep their mouths shut on necessary but unpopular actions taken by their government.
I dare anyone to say to me with a straight face or a clear conscience that Yasser Arafat has made life better for the Palestinians. Either when he was given the right to speak for the Palestinians after the Oslo Accords in 1993 or after he rejected Camp David and then started the Second Intifada in 2000.
In 40 years Arafat has not changed: Since he took over the Palestinian Liberation Organization (PLO) in the late 1960s and turned it into a powerful terrorist group.
Between 1970 and 1993 he was responsible for the deaths of hundreds of people including the American ambassador to the Sudan and Leon Klinghoffer, a paralyzed American Jewish tourist, aboard the hijacked Italian cruise ship Achille Lauro.
He turned Lebanon into a Palestinian terrorist training and command center, precipitating not only the Lebanese Civil War, but the Israel-Lebanon war.
He embezzled so much aid money from the United States, the European Union, the Arab Nations and Israel that he is wealthier than the man who created Amazon.com.
He has tortured or murdered anyone who spoke out against his policies, against corruption in the government or those who advocated democracy in the West Bank and Gaza.
He never pressured groups like Hamas or Islamic Jihad to stop murdering Israelis, nor did he arrest any of them