How Feminism Murdered Romance

1
1

Every modern man’s nightmare is discovering on a Friday night that his date for the evening is a militant femi-Nazi:
8:00 p.m.: Show up at date’s door with bouquet of flowers.
Date sniffs in your general direction and mentally berates you for assuming that she is ‘girly’ and that she would go head-over-heels over something as trivial as flowers.
8:30 p.m.: Arrive at restaurant for dinner.
Open door for date.
Pull out chair for date.
Date makes the conclusion that you are a bigot who assumes that all women are incapable of acting independently in the real world.
9:30 p.m.: After sitting through the most awkward dinner of your life, drive date back home.
Date makes another mental note: You are the stereotypical guy who assumes that all women are bad drivers.
Congratulations! You are officially in the ‘negative point’ zone.
10:00 p.m.: Arrive at date’s home.
Date scoffs at you for ‘expecting’ anything out of her such as a good night kiss and slams the door in your face.
Drive home.
Swear off women for a week.
Look for the easiest chick the next time you go out.
This, of course, is an obvious exaggeration.
If anyone has ever actually had to experience anything like this, you have my most sincere condolences.
Just so we’re not confused here-my beef is not with feminists. And by feminists, I am not referring to ‘womyn’ who toast bras on an open fire in their spare time.
The National Organization for Women promotes ‘equality and justice in our society’ on their Web site. It does not call for man-hating lesbians around the world to rise up and take down the patriarchy, contrary to popular belief.
I like equality.
I like the idea of having a choice between being barefoot and pregnant in the kitchen and walking around sans bra and not having to shave my underarms.
I like that the second feminist movement in the 1960s dug up a dying issue and put independence for women at the top of society’s priority list again.
It seems that the only drawback about the resurgent movement is that it had to come on so forcefully. Despite our more modern attempt to mitigate the abrasive approach to women’s rights in the past, it is time to admit that we may have not only scared away chivalry