Winter Break Reads, Both Classic and Fresh

9
9

Are you tired of spending countless hours ranting to your girlfriends about the cute guy you thought you connected with but has yet to call you again?
Maybe you’re that friend who is tired of having numerous marathon phone conversations with your friend about the current jerk she’s been dating but who has suddenly dropped off the face of the planet.
Either way, Greg Behrendt and Liz Tuccillo’s ‘He’s Just Not That Into You’ offers valuable insight into the inner workings of the seemingly complex male mind, although Behrendt says, ‘Men are not complicated, although we’d like you to think we are.’
Hailed as ‘the no-excuses truth to understanding guys,’ Behrendt’s conclusions are the same for each scenario: He’s just not that into you.
What makes Behrendt and Tuccillo’s opinion valid? Why should we reconstruct the way in which perceive dating and relationships?
Well, if you like HBO’s hit television series ‘Sex and the City,’ then you’re going to love this book; Behrendt was one of the male consultants for the show while Tuccillo was an executive story editor.
But be forewarned: Those of you who like analyzing and then overanalyzing the immensely perplexing behavior of your pseudo-significant other, then by all means, do not pick up this book. Within the first pages your favorite past time will instantly become rendered useless.
However, for those of you looking for real answers, I highly recommend this extremely insightful read.
‘He’s Just Not That Into You’ offers advice on ‘if he’s not’ scenarios (asking you out, calling you, dating you or having sex with you) in addition to ‘if he is’ scenarios (having sex with someone else, only seeing you when he’s drunk, not wanting to marry you, breaking up with you, disappearing on you, married or otherwise ‘unavailable,’ or is a selfish jerk, a bully or a really big freak).
Regardless of the scenario, the conclusion is always the same: He’s just not that into you.
As a ridiculously fast and easy read, each chapter is summarized with a brief overview, followed by a letter pertaining to a different, yet classic, scenario that falls beneath the general topic of the chapter.
Behrendt then answers each letter and adds additional commentary. Tuccillo then adds closing remarks at the end of the chapter, providing a female reaction to the male advice.
Each chapter ends with a concluding exercise, statistic or an I-followed-the-advice-and-it-worked success story