KC and the Sunshine Band Returns

1
1

It is in the nature of pop culture to quickly forget past icons who have literally shaped the way music and entertainment are seen today. At certain times, we may think that fashion, music and entertainment cannot possibly develop any further than they already have, but as years pass, we realize our favorite songs are now considered ‘classics’ or ‘oldies.’
The disco era of the 1970s was one of the great defining musical styles which is still heard in pop music today. Made with the intention of being played at dance clubs until early the next morning, disco songs are upbeat and lighthearted.
One of the most famous musical groups of that era is KC and the Sunshine Band, which is well-known for its hit songs such as ‘(Shake, Shake, Shake) Shake Your Booty,’ ‘That’s the Way (I Like It)’ and ‘Get Down Tonight,’ from the ‘Saturday Night Fever’ soundtrack.
While many people are quite familiar with the group’s songs since they are still played at dance clubs, on the radio, in commercials and even in movies, it is difficult to imagine what the members of KC and the Sunshine Band are doing 30 years after consistently topping the charts.
In an interview last week, Harry (KC) Wayne Casey explained that he still performs shows throughout the year, which is something he thoroughly enjoys doing.
‘There’s nothing like being on stage