ABS Brings an Executive Edge to UCI

5
5

The Alliance of Business Students hosted its first annual Mix at Six on Wednesday, March 9 to debut the alliance formed between six business-related organizations on campus.
ABS is comprised of the Undergraduate Business Association, the coed business fraternity Alpha Kappa Psi, the American Marketing Association, the Accounting Association, the Latino Business Students Association and the Economics Association.
According to Anant Sanchetee, UBA co-chair and fourth-year international studies major, ABS is dedicated to improving the business acumen and management skills of UCI students with the idea of working together in order for each organization to work coherently.
‘[The most important purpose] is to build a common, parallel platform where all our organizations can work together and establish an enthusiastic and dedicated group of business leaders,’ Sanchetee said.
While each organization had the opportunity to interact with students, the highlights of the event included guest speaker Andrew Policano, dean of the Graduate School of Management.
Dean Policano spoke about how the ABS alliance can foster the business interests of students and how it can raise future leaders.
Test preparation companies Kaplan and Princeton Review were also present, providing students with information on getting into graduate school as well as test-preparation classes.
The companies then hosted raffles for giveaways including test-preparation coursebooks.
Enterprise Rent-A-Car was also in attendance at the event, giving students the opportunity to network and receive information about career opportunities.
Other sponsors of the event included the UCI Career Center.
Each of the student organizations that make up the ABS provides students with the opportunity to network with faculty, professionals and other students that share similar career interests.