4

Noboru Nobu Ito is a fourth-year film studies major.
How would you increase student enthusiasm?
It all starts at home, and if you can get the ASUCI office amped up enough to be interested in what you’re doing then they’ll be able to. If you’re genuinely stoked about your events then you have to go out of your way and tell the entire world, or in our case, the campus. Involving the entire campus of what concerts students want to see or what events they want to do makes them feel like they have a role and voice here among the masses.
What new activities do you have in mind for next year?
I would love to work closely with different organizations and departments such as athletics. Having tailgate parties before certain baseball games at home or having barbeques before basketball games would not only help students come out for free food but entice them to come out and watch. Having students perform concerts in Aldrich Park, offering poker tournaments for prizes as long as it doesn’t clash with fraternity sponsored tournaments, relocating student center events around ring road which although requires noise permits will definitely attract a different group of students and which is the ultimate goal of ASUCI.

Nathen Lee is a fourth-year insternational studies and sociology major.
Some of the things I have planned for next year is to increase enthusiasm through better, bigger events and doing cosponsored events with other companies. For example, if we get bigger events and bigger names to come on campus for our concerts more people will come and there will be more hype on campus about some of the events we host. Another thing I would like to do is utilize the Bren Center more for basketball games. I have talked to the athletics director and we talked about doing events together that would get students involved in going to more athletic games.
Another thing are concerts at the Bren Center so that we can save more money and get bigger names out.
The usual barbeques for the students, but if we do have such things as barbeques for the students we have to get some kind of feedback from them. Bigger events that utilize our money better by cosponsoring events with outside venders and companies so that we can put on bigger concerts and bigger events for students.