Kerry’s Joke Not Important

3
3

As the battle lines have been drawn, so too has the onslaught of allegations. This is politics at its dirtiest. One false move is all it takes to send the media buzzards scraping up what’s left of a decimated political career.
Just look at what happened to former Republican Senator Mark Foley when a scandal involving sexually explicit messages between him and his pages was leaked. A week of media coverage is all it took to send Foley packing his bags and shipping out of a position that looked to be rather safe coming into this November’s elections.
So now Senator John Kerry of Massachusetts is on the hit list after what he calls a ‘botched joke.’ It was meant to be a political attack on President George W. Bush and, for the most part, it was, until he commented on education, saying, ‘If you study hard and you do your homework and you make an effort to be smart, you can do well. If you don’t, you get stuck in Iraq.’
The comments were found to be troubling not only to the GOP, but also to the Democrats, many veterans and currently serving troops. The White House was prompt to respond to the comments and thus touched off a firestorm in the media.
So this is what it has come down to this last week. It seems the GOP has abandoned its resum