4

Douchebag of the Week: “I’ll speak before any group that invites me. I’ve spoken on an African-American radio station in Atlanta,” said Tony Zirkle, a Republican nominee for Indiana’s second district, explaining why he accepted an invitation to speak at a white-supremacist group’s commemoration of Adolf Hitler’s birthday.
So in Zirkle’s world, speaking to neo-Nazis is the same as speaking to black people? Zirkle even claimed that he didn’t know enough about Nazis or white supremacists to favor or oppose their beliefs. Perhaps realizing that this excuse was completely retarded to anyone who has even a basic grasp of history, Zirkle then claimed that the people in attendance weren’t necessarily of the Nazi mindset.
Really? If Zirkle had looked behind the podium, he would have seen the giant Nazi flags, a huge painting of Hitler and swastika armbands on the attendees. When he learned how many people were offended that he spoke at Hitler’s birthday party, Zirkle showed that his new friends had taught him well by turning the focus to, of course, the Jews.
He argued that his speech was intended to expose the connection between Jews and the “porn dragon,” which could lead to “white genocide” due to STDs. Zirkle stated that his only goal was to educate and inform people, so thanks, Zirkle, for informing the rest of us how not to get elected and what a complete moron you are.
I’m John McCain and I Approve this Message: “I do not believe that our nation can truly fulfill its divine purpose until we understand our historical conflict with Islam. … The fact is that … America was founded in part with the intention of seeing this false religion destroyed,” said Rev. Rod Parsley, a fundamentalist pastor who endorsed Republican presidential nominee John McCain.
McCain has praised and campaigned with Parsley, who has repeatedly made inflammatory remarks about Islam, a religion he considers the anti-Christ and a satanic enemy to civilization. Surely, the media will cover this offensive political connection with the same fervor as Sen. Barack Obama’s far more benign religious connection to Rev. Jeremiah Wright, right?
It turns out, not so much. In the words of The Atlantic’s Matthew Yglesias, “The difference is that anti-Muslim bigotry is a fairly mainstream and popular sentiment in the [U.S.].” Also, it must be unrealistic to deprive the media of spending even more time discussing its first love, Rev. Wright.
Self-Explanatory Bonus Quote: “The goal of Paulville.org is to establish gated communities containing 100 percent Ron Paul supporters and/or people that live by the ideals of freedom and liberty.”