Your Anteater-in-Chief

4
4

Megan Braun – Fourth-year history and philosophy double major
Relevant Experience: ASUCI President from 2008-2009, ASUCI Legislative Council, Humanities Representative, Chair of Rules Committee, Chair of Housing & Dining Committee, Student Fee Advisory Committee, Student Center Advisory Committee, Bren Events Center Advisory Committee, Student Programming Funding Board-Chair, Student Athlete Advisory Committee, UCI Alumni Association Board of Directors
Political Platform: Bring better dining options to UC Irvine, reform the bike policy, advocate for more affordable off-campus housing, strengthen alumni relations, improve communication technology on campus, improve school spirit at UCI through better publicity, more frequent tailgates and pre-game events at the pub and overall increase students’ ability to set policy on the issues that affect their campus.

Christopher Diaz – Third-year English major
Relevant Experience: High school senate, other college senate, people skills
Political Platform: Install pencil sharpeners and provide dry erase markers in every classroom, fix problems at the libraries by updating the copy machines and laptop stations in Langston Library, improve transportation within campus by implementing an eco-friendly tram, help to alleviate the monopoly of food vendors, put jacuzzis at the ARC for both the athletes and the common student, unite the student body by connecting cabinet members with different clubs and organizations.

Isaac Yerushalmi – Fourth-year political science major
Relevant Experience: ASUCI Legislative Council, Social Science Representative, member of Alpha Epsilon Pi, Founder/Executive Director of iFest Campus-wide Festival, Senior Project Manager at Game Giver, LLC, Owner and President of TheBeadChest.com, Senior Patrol Leader of Boy Scout Troop and earned Eagle Scout rank
Political Platform: Make on-campus parking free on nights and weekends, create a late-night campus to Newport shuttle which runs until 2 a.m., finalize plans for a Greek Village in Arroyo Vista, reform bike and skate laws on Ring Road, provide better and cheaper food options on campus such as Chipotle and Panda Express, make ASUCI concerts bigger and better, bolster spirit and student life on the biological science side of campus by laying the foundation for a “mini” Student Center, increase school spirit through support for athletics, including increasing tailgates, pub pre-parties and more.

Mark Crawford – Third-year political science major
Relevant Experience: Treasurer for Phi Kappa Psi Fraternity for two consecutive terms, Vice president of SWETA (Students with Entrepreneurial Talent Ambitions), Founder “Students for Educational Equity,” Intern at Western Asset Management Company
Political Platform: Maintain and update the ASUCI Web site including current minutes from meetings (which have not been published at all over the past year), provide a monthly budget report so students can see where ASUCI is spending their money, increase the hours of operation for Langston Library and the science library during finals week, keep the Student Center open later so that groups such as dance crews can utilize the facilities instead of practicing in campus parking lots, place porta-potties in the Arroyo Vista parking lots, cut stipends by 15 percent for all members in ASUCI in order to implement such proposals.

Harish Venkitaramanan – Fourth-year electrical engineering and philosophy double major
Relevant Experience: Associate Justice on ASUCI’s Judicial Board, Paid Intern at Smith Barney, Citigroup, Manager at India’s Flavor restaurant, partner and founder of Studybuddy, Assistant Manager of Independent Project, earned Eagle Scout rank from Boy Scouts of America, Pledge Class President of Delta Class for Pi Kappa Alpha Fraternity (currently unaffiliated)
Political Platform: Eliminate student-funded dinners and social events and require mandatory training of all ASUCI officers, encourage culture on our campus in forms of art walks, concerts and musicals, facilitate academic events such as the speeches of President Jimmy Carter and Bill Nye, make the Greek system a central part of campus life, publicize Greek events and athletic competitions, create a “Greek Day” on campus, ask for Greek leadership in ASUCI service projects and for a yearly newsletter outlying their past events and future goals, lobby for Greek needs such as housing,