Adam Encourages Natural Law

With her red power suits, infectious laugh and jovial spirit it is hard to miss Iris Adam. She is one of UCI’s very own, working as an analyst for the Henry Samueli School of Engineering.
According to her web site, Adam is also a development officer for children’s charities in Orange County and a leadership trainer. Further information regarding her background and platform can be found at www.IrisAdam.com.
Adam’s platform focuses on scientific testing across the board. She mentions using it in crime prevention, educational testing and agriculture.
In addition to her desire to improve the lives of students at UCI, she has expressed the fervent dream of enriching the lives of all Californians. It is this drive that persuaded Adam to run her second time for California Governor under the Natural Law Party.
Adam first became interested in the Natural Law Party when it was launched in 1992 by grassroots organizations.
According to Adam, the Natural Law Party focuses on the efficiency and effectiveness of the government of nature, promotes policies and technologies that agree with natural law and takes advantage of the organizing power of nature to encourage our health, grow our foods, fuel our cities and enlighten our minds.
In www.IrisAdam.com, the Natural Law Party’s goal is to ‘align human government with nature’s government.’ Adam was particularly attracted to the Natural Law Party’s proven prevention-oriented platform.
Her position on the alleviation of crime focuses on discovering the basis of the reasons people commit crimes, which is a common natural law viewpoint.
Adam states that a candidate’s personal fame and fortune or experience as a career politician is extraneous to what is truly needed to be a successful governor.
‘The only qualifications that matter are the candidate’s profound knowledge and actual expertise in offering proven solutions to the problems confronting our state,’ Adam said.
She feels that she does have the solutions that Californians are seeking. Some of the main concerns she lists in her platform call for proven, prevention-oriented natural and complementary medicine to prevent disease.
‘Considering that over 70 percent of disease is preventable and only less than 1 percent [of the budget] is currently spent on prevention, there needs to be a change,’ Adam said.
She is also an advocate for educational innovations shown to develop total brain functioning to maximize success in school.
This means an emphasis on children’s readiness for school through nutrition and rest would be stressed to enhance their potential for learning.
Adam supports renewable energy sources to protect the environment, which she explained would also protect our economy from energy dependence on foreign oil.
According to Adam, she is also the only candidate who encourages the labeling and safety testing of genetically engineered foods. Adam suggests a moratorium on the availability of these experimental life forms into the environment until they are proven safe.
Adam also states her support for the Second Amendment and believes that the individuals who teach children should have their salaries raised, which in effect would create a more competitive forum for teachers and therefore raise the standard of education.
But even with all these ideas, how does a candidate with limited exposure promote herself to the masses? The answer to this is simple, as her campaign is all web-based.
Due to the historic recall election, the candidates are actually getting much more media attention than they expected. Web sites such as californiaconnected.org, candidatecamera.com, smartvoter.com, and e7000.com have everything about the candidates from in-depth guides, streaming video, campaign pictures to detailed platform statements.
One site that Adam finds amusing is californiatotalrecall.com. They actually sell California ‘Total Recall’ playing cards.
‘Isn’t this exciting? I’m the queen of clubs. The 12th card from the top,’ Adam said.
But even with all this publicity, Adam realizes that the likelihood of her winning is very slim. So why does she run when she knows she probably will not win?
‘Voting for a major party is a wasted vote. Voting for a major party is voting for special-interest money, while voting for a third party is voting for actual issues,’ Adam said.
Adam wishes that there were equal access to the ballot, the media, and the public for all qualified candidates.
She has met with many of the candidates who are running and feels that the majority of them are serious and quite sincere about their platforms.
So her days are hectic, filled with flights all over the state, hundreds of e-mails flood her mailbox, and her phone seems to ring every five minutes