Anteater Club Profile

A Fine Cigar Society at UCI

Purpose: Provides a forum in which students with a common interest in cigars can come together and share their knowledge, experiences and enthusiasm. Information is also provided about topics like the history, the brands and the proper cigar etiquette.

Contact: Crayton Yee at (949) 651-5068

Email: figurados@spirit.dos.uci.edu

Meetings: Usually held every other Wednesday at the Cigar Aficionado and Wine Club in El Toro or at the Pub.

Why should students join?
According to Crayton Yee, president of Figurados del Habana and fifth-year psychology major, the club focuses on students who have a special interest in cigars and its social aspects.
‘It\’s just for those who are interested,’ Yee said. ‘It’s a social outlet to do business and whatnot.’
Yee\’s plans for the club include many aspects of cigar smoking that cigar enthusiasts might be interested in or might want knowledge about.
‘We\’re going be doing tasting and learning about brands and stuff like that,’ Yee said.
The club is open to anyone who is interested in joining or learning more about cigars and cigar smoking.
‘Anybody who\’s interested [should] join [and] come out and see what we\’re about and have a good time,’ Yee said.

What are your goals for the club?
Yee stated that his goals for the club included attracting students who are interested in learning more about cigars and have a common interest in them.
‘We just hope to attract the students who are interested,\” Yee said. ‘We\’re trying to gain an overall perspective and bring as much knowledge of cigars as possible so everyone can learn [something new].’

Why did you start the club?
‘We had some free time and we thought we\’d give it a shot,\” Yee said. ‘We heard input and we thought we would take it to the next level and make it a formal club.’