We Want a Date With Hamilton

From those who have gone to the movies to watch their favorite stars and envision what it would be like to spend one spectacular evening with the likes of Brad Pitt (unmarried of course), Collin Farell (minus the womanizing) or Denzel Washington (also unmarried), then ‘Win a Date With Tad Hamilton!’ is for you.
Rosalee Futch (Kate Bosworth) is a small-town, rural Fraziers Bottom, West Virgina Piggly Wiggly supermarket clerk who is more than content with the current status of her life, yet like most ordinary people, dreams of meeting her favorite celebrity, Tad Hamilton (Josh Duhamel). Meanwhile, in Hollywood, Hamilton’s agent, Richard Levy (Nathan Lane) and Hamilton’s manager, also named Richard Levy (Sean Hayes) are attempting to clean up his flashy, womanizing, bad-boy image. Hamilton is between films and they must revamp his image to the perfect boy next door in order to get him his next part. Hence, they create the ‘Win a Date With Tad Hamilton’ contest, which Futch hopefully enters as best friend Cathy Feely (Ginnifer Goodwin) supports, while best friend and secret life-long admirer Pete Monash (Topher Grace) rolls his eyes.
Perhaps it’s obvious and therefore not giving anything away to say that Futch wins the date with Hamilton. But what was unexpected was for A-list celebrity Hamilton to fall for Futch, much to the dismay of Piggly Wiggly super-manager Monash. And so begins the competition between the guy every girl wants to be with and every guy wants to be, versus the guy who oversees the proper treatment of your groceries.
There are many horrible paths ‘Win a Date With Tad Hamilton!’ could have taken-the teen-flick or the sappy chick-flick come to mind. But in all honestly, the film does neither. Instead, ‘Win a Date With Tad Hamilton!’ is very simply an entertaining romantic comedy directed by Robert Luketic (‘Legally Blonde’) with a strong cast of rising stars drawn from recent films and successful television series.
Figuring out who Futch ends up with is not as easy or as obvious as one might think. The premise of hometown boy versus movie star sets this film up to make it a question of good guy versus bad guy, but ‘Win a Date With Tad Hamilton!’ doesn’t do that. Rather, it sets up a scenario of good guy versus slightly better guy