Switchfoot and Monty Python Alternatives

If you’re planning on procrastinating or if you simply need a study break, check out the San Diegan quartet Switchfoot. Brothers guitarist/vocalist Jon Foreman and bassist/vocalist Tim Foreman in addition to guitarist/keyboardist Jerome Fontamillas and drummer Chad Butler have recently received national attention for their latest album and Columbia/Red Ink debut, ‘The Beautiful Letdown.’ Switchfoot will be performing March 15 at the House of Blues in Anaheim and March 17 at the Avalon in Hollywood.
‘The Beautiful Letdown’ has held positions in the top five of Billboard’s Modern Rock & Alternative charts. The first single off the album, ‘Meant to Live,’ can currently be seen on MTV’s ‘TRL,’ in addition to MTV2 and Fuse.
Despite their recent national success and major label debut, Switchfoot has actually been in the music scene since 1996. Prior to ‘The Beautiful Letdown”s modern pop-rock success, Switchfoot’s music was categorized as Christian Rock and they were signed to Christian record label Re:think.
With the release of ‘The Beautiful Letdown,’ and hence the transition from Christian rock to pop rock, it’s almost as if the band has indeed switched feet, as their surf-term name Switchfoot suggests.
The change in genres demonstrates that Switchfoot isn’t entirely concerned with specific genres of music, rather they’re going to write records that reflect who they are and what they feel