Will ‘The Jacket’ Be a Good Fit?

It is generally accepted that time is linear, that the present is now, the future is yet to come, and the two don’t mingle. But what if they did? What if moving from the present to the future was as easy as putting on a straitjacket, sliding into a morgue drawer, and letting go?
These are the sorts of questions that ‘The Jacket’ asks and, for the most part, it answers. The movie revolves around Jack Starks (Adrien Brody), a soldier shot in the head during Desert Storm and presumed dead. When it is discovered that he is really alive, he is discharged and returned to Vermont where he is promptly accused of a murder he didn’t commit. The jury finds him insane, and so he is locked away in a mental institution under the supervision of Dr. Becker (Kris Kristofferson) and Dr. Lorenson (Jennifer Jason Leigh).
Jack’s treatments include being drugged, wrapped in a straitjacket and stuck into a morgue drawer for hours at a time. While in the drawer he finds himself flung 15 years into the future, where he meets Jackie (Keira Knightley) whom he had previously met as a young girl before being institutionalized. When he tells her that he is the same man she met 15 years ago, she tells him that he can’t be