I figured that attacking the Dodgers in Southern California was a suicide mission, and I was waiting to see an abundance of arguments from my (misguided) Dodgers-loving peers.
The odd thing is, not only did I receive praise from fellow Giants fans about my article, but many Dodgers fans admitted to me, ‘Your article pretty much sums it up. I’ve been to games and we are that ruthless.’
Disturbing, I know. In fact, after reading Alex Chazen’s article from last week’s issue of the New University, I was surprised to know that there were still some Dodgers fans left at UC Irvine.
Alex failed to provide evidence and reasons for ‘Why Dodger Fans Hate Giants Fans.’ Before deciding to ‘rebuttalize’ his rebuttal, I listened to some opinions on his article from both Dodgers and Giants fans.
After a bit of deliberation, I decided to set the record straight and show where his argument fails (a.k.a. the whole thing).
When I first saw the article, I was interested to see who wrote it: a political science major. My first thought was ‘Crap, this may be good. I’m kind of scared.’ But when I read the first few sentences, I realized this guy may have bitten off more than he could chew.
He’s new to baseball. Instead of referring to the fact that the Giants-Dodgers rivalry is one of the oldest and fiercest rivalries in baseball, he claims that Dodgers fans hate the Giants because of Barry Bonds and his scandal