142

There is no simple way to go about it. I am in love with Giada de Laurentiis. Sure, I can’t even pronounce her name despite being half Italian. I am nonetheless smitten and here to profess it as a first step in my courtship and to let everyone else know: Hands off. She’s mine.
If you are unfamiliar with Giada, she is the host of the show ‘Everyday Italian.’ The show airs at 4:30 p.m. weekdays on the Food Network. Giada shows the audience how to make easy homemade Italian dishes that she learned from her family as a child. The show is, quite simply, the saving grace of television.
Let’s begin with the most obvious attraction with Giada beyond physical beauty (which, of course, will be addressed later): The age-old expression that the key to a man’s heart is through his stomach. I have to tell you, for a man who likes to eat, this could not be truer. I don’t care what your bra size is, how short your skirt is or how perfect your little nose is. It doesn’t beat being able to whip up a pizza rustica with hot Italian sausage, spinach and prosciutto from scratch. (That’s right, from scratch.) That means a little more than opening a package and preheating.
This girl can cook, too. After attending the prestigious Le Cordon Bleu Cooking school in Paris and working as a chef in restaurants like Spago in Los Angeles, Giada opened up her own catering business and recently published her first cookbook.
Next on my Giada appreciation list is her general attitude toward cooking and eating food. In an America that is getting more and more anorexic, exerciserexic and carb crazy, I can’t help but admire a healthy appreciation for food. I know girls worry about their figure. I can’t change that. But that doesn’t mean fro-yo and soy lattes have to be the major base of your diet.
Giada loves food and I love her for it. I can’t remember the last time I had a conversation with a girl who was as enthusiastic about fresh rosemary, grated provolone or large