Inaba’s Successful Career Inspires Students

Carrie Ann Inaba’s zest for life is a breath of fresh air for the cynical college scholar. This quadruple threat is a source of inspiration for even the most unmotivated of UC Irvine students.
With her ever-expanding career as a dancer, choreographer, actress, singer and producer, Inaba seems to have fulfilled a lifetime’s worth of accomplishments. However, her ambition knows no bounds. It appears as though she effortlessly balances each of her career commitments, although she claims ‘I don’t balance them well all the time.’
As this unstoppable force continues to move forward, she plows successfully through the entertainment business and never fails to electrify her audience.
Inaba’s career credits are an endless list of enviable achievements. From sliding down a pole as the opening act to Madonna’s ‘The Girlie Show’ tour, to starring as Fook Yu in ‘Austin Powers III: Goldmember,’ Inaba’s various performances exhibit the excitement and diversity of her career. Between working in front of the camera, and working behind the camera, Inaba does not play favorites.
‘Creating something is different than performing it,’ Inaba said, but for her, both are equally rewarding.
This former UCI dance major cherishes her rewarding experience in her years as a student of the UCI dance department. Creating concerts and smaller dance pieces at UCI allowed her to plan for her future as a major choreographer on commercials and reality television programs such as ‘American Idol’ and ‘American Juniors,’ as well as prepare her for appearances as a judge on ABC’s ‘Dancing with the Stars’ and ABC Family’s ‘Dance Fever.’
Inaba’s studies at UCI were curtailed when she was offered a role she couldn’t refuse as one of the Fly Girls on ‘In Living Color,’ where she had ‘so much fun,’ working with A-list stars such as Jennifer Lopez, Jim Carey and Jaime Foxx. After three seasons on ‘In Living Color’ and touring with Madonna, Inaba decided to go back to school and complete a bachelor’s degree in world arts and culture at UCLA.
Despite her career, Inaba felt that because she had already accomplished two of her major goals