Need a Job? Look No Further

240
240

Short on cash? Wondering how you are going to pay for all the gifts you plan on buying in the next few months? Need a job? Look no further.
Companies in the Orange County area are making their biannual visit to Irvine. Employers are looking for a good number of potential employees.
On Oct. 28, there will be tables set up at the Lakeview Senior Center on Lake Road between Barranca Parkway and Alton Parkway in Irvine.
With over 150 employers at these tables, you will think it’s rush week all over again, minus the annoying flyers, of course.
It will start at 9 a.m. sharp and Karen Springer, program specialist with the Youth Employment Services of Irvine, suggests arriving early because employers will proceed on a first-come-first-served basis.
There are a few things that differentiate this job fair from others. One is that you get to talk to the decision-makers in these companies.
You are not speaking to some random employee that doesn’t know anything about the hiring process.
They also have the job descriptions up front so applicants know immediately what they are getting themselves into.
The days of being promised an interview and never being called back are gone. Employers guarantee interviews for applicants on-site.
Therefore, it is suggested that applicants come dressed to impress, bring a resume if they have one and any information they may need to fill out an application.
Popular companies participating in this job fair include those from large shopping centers like South Coast Plaza, Fashion Island and the Irvine Spectrum. They range from Best Buy to Macy’s and everywhere in between.
The fair also includes many opportunities that many students would not think of. Lesser-known employers such as the City of Irvine offer jobs that most people just wouldn’t think about applying for.
Most employers are aiming for applicants in the 16-25 age group, but they are open to older applicants as well.
The jobs will come in many varieties; there will be both full-time and part-time jobs.
Some companies, such as Instantimage, look for employees specifically for the holidays.
The Youth Employment Service of Irvine offers employment services to high schoolers and college students. They have been in business for over 22 years.
During those years, they have built strong relationships with many companies and compiled a number of job opportunities for young people all around the Irvine area.
They primarily help teens find job opportunities that are otherwise hard to find, but also offer job listings for those who feel that they are prepared to apply for a job immediately.
For those who don’t have computer access, the company allows applicants to type up resumes and other documents there.
They are also currently offering workshops that help people write resumes, prepare for interviews and collect the necessary information to get a job.
The Youth Employment Services job fair is a convenient way to find and apply for jobs all at once. It eliminates the need to hop from store to store, shuffle through the classified section, spot an interview and make phone calls, which is often an unreliable way to contact employers.
For more information about the Youth Employment Services job fair, please call (949) 724-6740, extension 7.