ASUCI Holds Fall Elections

Whether you are unhappy with the conditions and decisions in our school or are completely satisfied with the present state of campus politics you can make a difference by voting.
The Associated Students of UC Irvine fall elections start Monday, Nov. 13 at 9 a.m. The polls will close on Thursday, Nov. 16 at 4 p.m. During this time, students are encouraged to vote for candidates who will bring positive changes to the university.
Polling stations are located throughout the campus, including at the Science Library, the Engineering Quad on Ring Road and the Administration flagpoles. Voting is also available online 24 hours a day during voting week.
ASUCI mirrors the structure of the national government in that there are executive, legislative and judicial branches.
All undergraduate students enrolled at UCI have the opportunity to vote for at-large legislative council members. Students may also vote on representatives for their particular schools.
Andrew Pourmoussa, a third-year biological sciences major, is running unopposed for the biological sciences seat. According to the ASUCI election Web site, he promises to keep lines of communication open among his classmates.
‘My approach to representation is listening to the opinions of the students in a completely open-minded manner and having rightful actions taken,’ Pourmoussa said.
Three candidates are vying for at-large legislative council seats: Kyle Olney, Sarahita Wyatt-Paige and William Layne.
‘This past summer I was fortunate enough to intern in Sacramento, researching bringing youth into policy making,’ Wyatt-Page said in her official statement. ‘Using these skills, along with your suggestions, I will be a representative for you