The Sports Dude on Football, Basketball, Baseball and All Things Sports-Related

After religiously following the sports world for the past ten weeks, here are some noticeable trends that stick out heading into the last week of November.
Is there any better athlete in all of professional sports than San Diego Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson? I’m sure if you look up the term ‘stud’ in the dictionary or on Wikipedia these days, his picture is bound to be right alongside the text.
Tomlinson has scored a ridiculous 19 touchdowns so far this season, including four in back-to-back, come-from-behind victories against the Bengals and Broncos.
He has already scored 100 touchdowns faster than any other player in the history of the game and has even thrown for five touchdowns in his career. It won’t take long before L.T. is considered one of the greatest at his position.
With Tomlinson’s performance, do you think the Atlanta Falcons would have still taken Michael Vick with the first overall draft pick in 2001?
A Chargers team that for so long was the equivalent of the horribly run Clippers in basketball, is now sitting in first place in the AFC West and is my pick to represent the AFC in the Super Bowl.
By the way, the Phillip Rivers deal that led to the draft of Pro-Bowler Shawne Merriman and kicker Nate Kaeding for the rights to Eli Manning sort of worked in the Chargers’ favor as well.
In basketball, somehow the Utah Jazz is the best team in the league. All those who saw that one coming can give yourself a pat on the back