Brad Evans Drafted by Columbus Crew

153
153

Add yet another accomplishment for the UC Irvine men’s soccer team.
Senior forward Brad Evans became only the second player in school history to be drafted by Major League Soccer when he was selected by the Columbus Crew with the 15th overall pick in the MLS SuperDraft on Jan 12.
‘My mind went blank,’ Evans said, recalling the moment his name was announced. ‘I didn’t know what to think. Once I got called I was relieved. It just happened way to fast.’
Evans was selected with the second pick of the second round and has already singed a contract with MLS.
Evans finished his career at UCI holding the all-time record in goals scored (31) and was named the Big West Conference Player of the Year in both 2005 and 2006.
‘It’s a good day for our program with a player taken this high in the MLS draft,’ said Head Coach George Kuntz, who accompanied Evans to the SuperDraft in Indianapolis.
‘I’m happy for Brad, his family, his teammates, the university and we hope it’s the start of many more players in the future getting opportunities after college to play at the next level.’
In his senior season at UCI, Evans was tied for second on the team with eight goals scored and helped lead the Anteaters to a second place finish in the Big West Conference.
Even with his personal accomplishments, Evans stated that he couldn’t take full responsibility for all of his personal success.
‘Without all the guys at UCI, none of this would be possible,’ Evans said. ‘Without the coaches, without the players pushing me every single day