Grammy Predictions: How’d We Do?

‘Don’t underestimate country music’ seems to be the message the New U and its readers should remember for next year’s Grammy Predictions. With the Dixie Chicks winning five awards at the 49th annual Grammy Awards and Carrie Underwood being awarded Best New Artist, the New U and its readers did not predict any of the above.
The New U. and its readers proved equally successful in predicting the outcome the music award show’s outcome.
While neither the New U nor its readers could predict John Mayer’s ‘Continuum’ winning Best Pop Vocal Album, both the New U and its readers gave the correct nod to Gnarls Barkley’s ‘St. Elsewhere’ for Best Alternative Music Album.
Readers sided correctly for Best Contemporary R&B, choosing the winning Beyonce with ‘B’Day’ while the New U predicted Mary J. Blige winning for Best R&B Album for ‘The Breakthrough.’
The apparently rock-centric New U readers and editors chose the Red Hot Chili Peppers’ ‘Stadium Arcadium’ for Album of the Year instead of the Dixie Chicks’ ‘Taking the Long Way.’
And in the Most Obvious Prediction Department, both the New U editors and readers predicted OKGO’s ‘Here it Goes Again’ for Short Form Music Video.’
Think you’d predict the Oscars better? Stay tuned for the New U’s Oscars Prediction survey, which might include a prize for one lucky participant