Newt Gingrich Shows Hypocrisy With Affair

‘Anyone who considers oral sex not to be ‘sexual relations’ is either doing it wrong or is a politician,’ says Stephen Talbot, co-writer and producer of the 1996 ‘Frontline’ documentary ‘The Long March of Newt Gingrich.’ The ‘politician’ in question is former Republican Speaker of the House Newt Gingrich, who admitted in a radio interview for Focus on the Family on March 9, 2007 to having an affair with a much younger intern while leading the charge against President Bill Clinton for having an affair with a much younger intern.
In the late 1990s, the GOP spent over three years and $46 million implicating, investigating and impeaching Bill ‘I Did Not Have Sexual Relations With That Woman, Miss Lewinsky’ Clinton for perjury. During the Clinton impeachment trial, the leader of the family values pack was arch-conservative Gingrich.
However, when it comes to creative interpretations of family values, Gingrich has been there, done that, didn’t bother to leave the DNA evidence. In the September 1995 issue of Vanity Fair, Gail Sheehy argues that Gingrich cheated on his first wife with a married woman named Anne Manning. That’s when Gingrich pioneered the get-out-of-adultery-free card that political observers christened ‘The Newt Defense’: Oral sex is not sex.
‘We had oral sex,’ Manning said. ‘He prefers that modus operandi because then he can say, ‘I never slept with her.”
Twenty years later, Clinton tried the same semantic cop-out during the Paula Jones sexual harassment civil suit. Consequently, Gingrich pointing the finger at Clinton is like the pot impeaching the kettle