Buck the World

Since his early introduction to the rap game, David Darnell Brown, a.k.a. Young Buck, has proven himself to be real through the power of his lyrics.
His follow-up to his mixtape, ‘Clean Up Man,’ in which Buck rapped to instrumentals of songs that were hot at the time, is the new album ‘Buck the World.’ The rapper from Nashville with the gruff voice puts forward a solid effort but tends to follow hip-hop’s successful formula of mixing raw gangster tracks like ‘Say It to My Face’ with a couple of songs for the ladies, like ‘U Ain’t Goin’ Nowhere.’
Even his ladies’ song has a raw and dirty twist: ‘Material girl that’ll always be there, you ain’t goin’ nowhere.’ Even though he treats her badly, he knows she will always stick around. We hear Buck’s emotional side on ‘Slow Ya Roll’ in which he raps about friends and lovers who have died too early.
Of course, it wouldn’t be a hip-hop album without appearances from big names and ‘Buck the World’ has plenty. The first single, ‘I Know You Want Me,’ features Jazze Pha. Oddly, 50 Cent is the only performer from his G-Unit family who appears. He is on one of the better tracks, ‘Hold On,’ a diss on Dipset leader Cam’ron with whom 50 has a beef.
Other artists featured in this album include Lyfe Jennings, Bun B, Young Jeezy, Snoop and Trick Daddy, to name a few.
Although the album is full of good songs, such as ‘Pocket Full of Paper’ and ‘4 Kings,’ the beats are what make this a great album. ‘Get Buck’ was produced by Polow Da Don, who also produced Rich Boy’s ‘Throw Some D’s.’ Dr. Dre produced ‘Hold On’ and ‘U Ain’t Goin’ Nowhere’