This Year’s Top 10 UCI Sports Moments

The 2006-07 sports season at UC Irvine has been a memorable one. Here is a quick look at the top 10 plays/moments during the past year.
10. Men’s Swimming and Diving Big West Champs:
The UCI men’s swimming and diving team literally swam up the standings during the Big West Championships in February.
The team moved from fourth place on the opening day of competition and slowly moved up the standings until it finally captured the Big West Championship.
It was a great season for the team as junior Randall Tom was named Male Big West Athlete of the Year and helped the Anteaters advance to the NCAA Championships, where the team finished in 25th place.
9. Angie Ned Scores 37 Points:
It was a trying season for the UCI women’s basketball team as it finished the season with 6-24 record, had one of its star players fail to return to the team after going home to the Netherlands during winter break and had three of its players suspended for the first round of the Big West Conference Tournament.
Despite some of the off-the-court issues, Angie Ned finished her career with a sensational senior season.
Ned led the team in scoring once again this season and scored a career-high 37 points against Loyola Marymount back in December to help UCI with a 79-59 win.
This game seemed to turn the year around for Ned as she turned her early season struggles aside and finished the year averaging over 15 points a game.
8. Track Star Lauren Collins:
Though only a sophomore, Lauren Collins continues to rewrite the record books in the sport of track and field.
In April, Collins captured first place in the Big West Conference Heptathlon and will now advance to the NCAA Championships in June. She also won first place in the Heptathlon