Baseball On Verge of Super Regional: Sunday

UCI Leading Texas 6-5, Sunday
The UC Irvine baseball team is currently six outs away from advancing to the NCAA Super Regional.
The Anteaters led the University of Texas 6-5 in the bottom of the seventh inning on Sunday night before the game was postponed due to rain.
The game will be postponed until Monday at 11 a.m. Pacific Time.
With a win, UCI (2-0 in the playoffs) will advance to the Super Regional.
Texas (2-1) cannot afford to lose as two loses eliminates a team from the playoffs.
If UCI looses on Monday morning, both teams will match up again in the afternoon for a sudden death game.
In the game on Sunday, UCI trailed 1-0 after the second inning but quickly answered.
In the bottom of the third inning, senior second baseman Cody Cipriano drove in two runs with an RBI double to give the Anteaters a 2-1 lead. Junior Matt Morris gave himself up on a sacrifice bunt to score another teammate to give UCI a 3-1 lead.
Texas, facing elimination with a loss, tied the game in the fourth inning and later took a 5-3 lead in the top of the sixth inning off UCI freshman pitcher Eric Pettis.
UCI responded in the bottom half of the inning, scoring three runs, to take a 6-5 lead.
Junior right fielder Brian Peterson and freshman designated hitter Jeff Cusick each had RBI hits to tie the game at five.
Junior catcher Aaron Lowenstein then grounded out to second, allowing Cusick to score from third, giving the Anteaters the 6-5 lead.