Reggaefest 2007

The hills of Aldrich Park were swarming with festival-goers as the Associated Students of UC Irvine, along with Student Services,` put on the 20th Reggaefest for 2007.
Alongside Shocktoberfest in the fall and Wayzgoose later in the school year, Reggaefest is one of UCI’s three annual festivals traditions.
‘Reggaefest has been alive for over two decades and it is just as important as any other major event because it is truly unique to our campus and our students just look forward to it!’ said ASUCI Vice President of Student Services Rosanna Huang, a fourth-year political science and sociology double major.
‘We keep a very open mind about what goes into our festivals and we figure the more diverse an event, the more interesting it’ll be, and the less, students will be bored,’ Huang said. ‘With the bands, we had a lot of help from KUCI’s DJs Gregory G and Big Jim, who have an extensive knowledge of Reggae culture and music.’
Once taking place on the grassy area between the old Student Center and the Humanities Interim Building, Reggaefest has always been a clear draw for students. On a Friday when most stresses are finally winding down, Reggaefest is an event to get the weekend started right. The live music, free beer and all