Sexual Toys, Bath and Body Care! Passion Parties and Girl Power

I think it is safe to say that we are all familiar with the progression of women’s rights in this country. And I think it is also safe to say that the female sex has made leaps and bounds in asserting a woman’s independence and power in society.
I say now with absolute certainty that women have reached a whole new level of empowerment due to the Passion Party.
Beginning in the early 1990s, Passion Parties became the new social gathering for the female kind. Remember those good old Tupperware parties our mothers used to talk about, in which one of those perfect women would come into the hostess’s home and showcase her wares for the ladies to purchase?
Well, that’s a Passion Party, with one difference: these wares come in the form of sexual toys and bath and body care!
I recently attended one of these shindigs, and let me tell you, it gives the concept of a girls’ night out a whole new meaning. Walking into a friend’s ‘Moulin Rouge’-themed apartment, I knew I was in for something interesting. From fun games to fun products, this was a party unlike any other.
The 12 or so girls in attendance were introduced to several new items, ranging from sweet-smelling lotions to, well, I will put it mildly, toys specifically targeted for adults. I’m not going to lie; it was a great time for all, in more ways than one.
However, the point of sharing this with you is not to talk about sex (my apologies). You see, the motto of Passion Parties is not to enhance women’s libidos, but rather to enlighten and educate women in a comfortable environment. And that is exactly what these parties do.
Women are in control of their minds and bodies without the intervention of men and are able to enjoy themselves all the same. What is not to admire? The way I see it, Passion Parties are yet another stepping stone to the rising power of women, and personally, that is something I am passionate about.
I know that I am certainly not alone. As I was drinking my coffee and watching ‘The View’ this morning (it’s a ritual, I’ll admit), I couldn’t help but be in awe of those five ladies (Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, Sherri Sheperd, Elisabeth Hasselbeck and the incredible Barbara Walters).
It was mentioned that lately, politicians such as Rudy Giuliani have become hesitant to appear on the controversial talk show for fear that the co-hosts will ask them tough questions.
What amazes and excites me is that these are powerful men, intimidated by five powerful women! It was hard not to think about how far women have come.
Now, I would not typically classify myself as a feminist, but I believe in the power of women. Nevertheless, it is events such as Passion Parties and shows like ‘The View’ that remind us of the progress of women in society. Of course, there is still work to be done and perhaps there always will be. But the way I see it, we ought to recognize these achievements and celebrate them. It is easy to overlook small strides, but the truth is, they are influential all the same.
Please do not think I am preaching, because I am most definitely not. I am just a writer who went to a party, watched television and is adamant about the value of what she experienced.
I do, however, highly encourage you to watch ‘The View’ (weekdays on ABC at 10 a.m.) and, if you’re feeling really courageous, check out http://www.passionparties.com. You will definitely not regret it! Tell them Ali sent you. I am here to help.