Anteaters Making it in the Pro’s

Matt Morris – OF Staten Island Yankees (New York Yankees Class A) – Morris started off slow in his first year in the minor leagues. In 49 games, he has a .216 average with two homers and 12 RBIs. The Staten Island Yankees are currently managed by newly hired UC Irvine coach Mike Gillespie.
Tyler Vaughn – 3B Kingsport Mets (New York Mets Rookie League) – Vaughn is batting an impressive .284 with an .839 on base plus slugging percentage. He has 14 RBIs, and it looks like he has pretty good upside on offense. As he always did with the Anteaters, Vaughn is holding down the hot corner with stellar defense.
Brad Evans – Forward Columbus Crew (MLS) – Evans was the first Anteater ever selected in the second round of the MLS draft. He came out of UCI as the career leader in goals scored and points, 31 and 73, respectively.
Coach Sigi Schmid of the Columbus Crew, who coached him on the U-20 US team, is very fond of Evans. Thus far, Evans has appeared in four games for the Crew, totaling 108 minutes of playing time and even recording an assist.
Anthony Hamilton – Forward Chivas USA (MLS) – Though Hamilton has only played a total of 22 minutes at the professional level, he has done well on the reserve team. He has amassed 216 minutes of playing time and even tallied two goals, scoring twice against the Kansas City Wizards Reserve team to lead his team to a 2-1 victory.
Mark Kelly – Kelly signed a contract with TV Langen of the Pro A League in Germany. In two games, he is averaging 16 points, nine rebounds and three-and-half blocks per game. In his last game, he scored 26 points, nine rebounds and four blocks. His team defeated Nuernberg.
Kelly was an integral player for the Anteaters in their run for the Big West tournament, helping the Anteaters reach the semifinals and eventually losing to conference champions Long Beach State. Kelly averaged 9.1 points and 5.2 points per game as a senior at UCI last year.