‘Islamo-Facism’ Week Fosters Racism, Hatred

David Horowitz, a conservative writer who is infamous for making what is racist acceptable and even patriotic, has decided to declare this upcoming week Islamo-Fascism Week. Islamo-Fascism Week, a weeklong campaign to demonize and marginalize Muslim students and the Islamic faith across the United States, is being held at almost 100 campuses. If you have not already seen the posters around campus, they are made to characterize Muslim women as oppressed victims, Muslim men as tyrannical terrorists and Islam as a backwards, corrupt way of life. As if simply labeling one-sixth of the world’s population as ‘fascist’ isn’t enough, campus groups holding Islamo-Fascism week have the audacity to bring speakers such as Ann Coulter and Daniel Pipes who are attempting to instill fear among college students from their ‘Islamist’ classmates.
The claimed purpose of Islamo-Fascism Week is to call attention to two ‘big lies’ of the Left, according to Horowitz, that are ‘crucial’ for the university student body to recognize: ‘that George Bush created the war on terror and that global warming is a greater danger to Americans than the terrorist threat.’ The week is also devoted to revealing supposed oppression of women, homosexuals, Jews and Christians by Islam.
I was fairly surprised to hear that students on campus have invited speakers such as Coulter. As many of you know by now, Coulter, who will be speaking at the University of Southern California this week, is quite the expert on interfaith relations. Just last week, Coulter said on CNBC’s ‘The Big Idea’ that Jews needed to be ‘perfected.’ She later said on the Michael Medved radio show that ‘Jews believe that my savior, a Jew, was a raving lunatic and you don’t see me sniffling and crying.’ After the Sept. 11 attacks, she was fired from her job at the National Review for her comment that the United States ‘should invade [Muslim] countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity.’ Doesn’t sound like she is favoring anybody at this point, be it Jews or Muslims. She is still expected to attend, however