Campus Crusade Cripples

Campus Crusade for Christ has flourished into an ignorant, overbearing religious group with vague goals and offensive methods that all Christians of the world should condemn as an inaccurate representation of Jesus Christ.
According to its own literature, Campus Crusade envisions a commitment to ‘take the gospel of Jesus Christ to all nations.’ Under such a pledge, it claims to ‘cooperate with millions of Christians from churches of many denominations and hundreds of other Christian organizations around the world.’ These goals, according to Campus Crusade, are achieved by ‘working with local governments and schools’ as they demonstrate ‘the love of God through word and deed to hurting and needy people.’ By combining short-term disaster relief with long-term developmental goals that are built upon evangelical Christian ideals, Campus Crusade has established itself as the farthest-reaching religious non-governmental organization in the world.
Although historically a privately-funded organization, Campus Crusade recently lined up to receive money under George W. Bush’s international AIDS plan and faith-based initiative, which seems to have further propelled the notion that the United States seeks to aggressively Christianize other nations using government resources. It is surprising, therefore, that such a well-funded organization wouldn’t do more to distance itself from the politics-ridden game of federal funding and far-right alignment.
Campus Crusade has increasingly portrayed itself in an ecumenical light, often including so many religious denominations in its organizational structure that its doctrine of beliefs has become suspect. Indeed, a Web site formerly sponsored by Campus Crusade, PrayToEndAIDS.com, makes you wonder why it desires federal AIDS-prevention funding if it believes AIDS can be brought to an end through prayer alone.
The recent testimony of two Crusade recruits from Pulwama, India in the Indian Express is quite eye-opening: ‘We have to organize cricket matches and seminars in college where we are required to preach the Gospel. We are paid a monthly salary of RS 12,000 a month and all other expenses. The hike in perks depends on how we progress in our mission. The first good thing about Christianity is we don’t need to change our names. If we are in trouble, we could always claim we never converted. Here [with Campus Crusade], at least I get my salary and other perks and they have promised to send me abroad for higher education.’
It would appear that Campus Crusade is undergoing a blind pursuit of numbers as the people it reaching display confusion and confliction regarding their involvement. Or, maybe the 84,859 American students it claims to have converted thus far do in fact clearly understand those Crusade pamphlets with circles and triangles and crucifixes all over them.
In the 1980s it was reported that missionaries with World Vision were promising American visas to any Cambodians who converted to Christianity