Men’s Golf Takes Second Place at Turtle Bay Resort Invitational

The UC Irvine men’s golf team finished in second in the Turtle Bay Resort Collegiate Invitational that concluded on Wednesday in Kahuku, Hawaii.
It was the best finish for the Anteaters this year. They are having a quietly successful season, placing in the top five in four of their first five events thus far.
UCI finished second with a three round total of 821 and was 43 under in the 54-holes.
The Anteaters might have finished in first if it weren’t for Tennessee’s freakish play. The Vols were 64 under par with a total of 800.
Junior Sean Shahi tied with Tennessee’s Charles Ford for medallist honors with 16 under totals of 200.
Sophomore John Chin finished in 10th at 12-under 204 and senior Kenny Kim was 18th at 206 to round off the Anteaters top 25 finishers. Junior Tim Cha was 51st at 213 and freshman Bryan Harris placed 66th at 215.
The Anteaters opened the season with a third place tie in the Oregon State Giustina Memorial Classic and also finished in third in the Cal Alister Mackenzie Invitational in Fairfax, Calif.
If the Anteaters continue to build success they will be well on their way to consecutive Big West titles.
UCI returns to action on Jan. 28 to 29 in the PING-Arizona Intercollegiate at the Arizona National Golf Club in Tucson.