216

Falling asleep in class is not a new obstacle to college students today. Large classes can swell to as many as 200 students, which is perfect coverage for safely dozing off in class. Also, there is only one professor, and the seats are usually more comfortable than those hardback plastic chairs in high school. Even if you are one of the few (very few) people who have never fallen asleep in lecture, you may find yourself spending most of the class surfing Facebook or talking to friends online.

Distractions abound when you own a laptop, and it can be really difficult to focus your attention on the professor so that you can take notes. However, what if there was a pill you could take to fix all that? Imagine a pill that could help you pay attention and learn more. What if there was a drug to help you earn better grades and, in doing so, helped you to go further with your college education?

It sounds tempting and, as you may know, there are already many drugs on the market today that potentially offer these results. These drugs are known as nootropics, or cognitive enhancers. Ritalin is a commonly known pill given to children diagnosed with Attention Deficit Disorder to help them focus better. Many students use drugs like Modafinil to counter the effects of jet lag and to handle crucial and demanding intellectual challenges. So, there is no super pill that will turn you into a learning and note-taking addict for the next four to six hours