UCI Rocks the Ranked

Tuesday: UCI 4 USD 0
If the University of San Diego team received a run for each time it had a runner reach third base, UC Irvine would have won 4-1.
In a nut shell, the UCI pitching staff is inarguably performing far better than any other staff in the nation. Thanks to its fourth consecutive shutout, the fifth of the eight games thus far, the Anteaters now have an ungodly consecutive, scoreless innings streak of 36.
UCI’s number-four starter, Daniel Bibona, was unbelievable, tossing six scoreless innings and striking out a career-high 12 batters; his previous game-high was five.
USD entered the night ranked 12th in the nation. After the first two batters of the game, it seemed inevitable that the Anteaters would have their work cut out for them.
San Diego’s lead-off hitter Sean Nicol started things off by roping a single through the left side and then advanced to third on another single by the next batter, Josh Romanski.
“In that first inning [the streak] was on my mind, I was thinking, ‘Oh, I can’t give up a run!'” Bibona said.
He certainly did not. In fact, that was as close as USD would come to scoring all night. Suddenly, Bibona became dominant. He got out of the jam with a measly pop-out and two strikeouts