243

In a recent Washington Post interview, Senator Hillary Clinton made it clear that she has no intention of giving up her bid for the presidency, saying “I am committed to competing everywhere that there is an election.” If she sticks to her word, the battle for the Democratic nomination will continue through 10 contests over the next three months. If things still remain unsettled after that, then it’s likely that Clinton will press on until the Democratic Convention in late August.
Meanwhile, Senator John McCain has already clinched the nomination for the Republicans and is now actively wooing the nation for the general election. I imagine that he’s doing it quite blissfully since the Democrats can’t get themselves together. He’s free to refine his positions on the issues while Clinton and Senator Barack Obama bicker with each other. I don’t mean to be flippant, but does this situation remind anyone of “There’s Something About Mary”? The two rivals spend their time sabotaging each other while Ben Stiller sneaks in and wins the affection of Cameron Diaz. It’s a chilling resolution, and hopefully it can be avoided in the 2008 presidential election.
Some people say that the prolonged infighting between Clinton and Obama is actually good for the Democratic Party, but I don’t see how. Take a look at the news and you’ll see that for the past month, there has been a lot of talk about politics