Anteaters Finish Season 15-14 Overall

The seventh-ranked UC Irvine men’s volleyball team traveled up north to close out the regular season against University of Pacific and Stanford University.
UCI swept Pacific (30-25, 30-27, 30-22) at the Spanos Center on Friday night.
Jon Steller and Corey Yoder led a balanced Anteater attack with 16 kills apiece. Jordan DuFault was not far behind with 12 kills of his own. Middle blockers Kevin Wynne and Aaron Harrell added six and four kills as well. Libero Brent Asuka and Steller each led the team with eight digs.
With the teams tied at eight in game one, a Pacific error and DuFault kill gave UCI the 10-8 lead. The Anteaters never looked back and cruised to a 30-25 victory.
The teams were neck-and-neck in game two. UCI would take the game over in the end with three straight kills to knot out a 30-27 win.
The Anteaters showed why they were the better team in game three as they broke out to an early 15-10 lead. The ‘Eaters’ attack was showcased as they hit .438 percent for the game and delivered a dominating 30-22 in game three and thus taking the match.
No. 11 Stanford University upset No. 7 UCI (30-23, 28-30, 30-23, 30-24) in the regular season finale at Burnham Pavilion on Saturday.
Steller was the only Anteater in double digits with 16 kills. However, Wynne and Harrell added nine kills each in the middle. Jordan DuFault had a career-high 15 digs for the match.
The Anteaters finished the season with a 15-14 overall record with a 11-11 record in Mountain Pacific Sports Federation play. They finished the year ranked seventh in the MPSF and will host No. 8 University of Southern California on Wednesday, April 16 at 7 p.m. in the opening round of the MPSF tournament.
The winner of the match will play at No. 2 Bringham Young University on Saturday in a quarterfinal match.