Upcoming Plans for UCI Fanatics

Greg Thompson | Staff Photographer

Greg Thompson | Staff Photographer
The UCI fans made some CSUN men’s volleyball bench warmers wish they were not at the Bren Friday.

Calling all Anteater fans! There is a number of exciting upcoming basketball events this month, and the men’s basketball team is looking for your support. Help them out by voting on the game to which everyone should wear black at the Bren Events Ceter.
To participate, text the word “blkout” to the number 66937. You will receive a text back with date options, so be sure to vote. Black rally towels will be provided at the winning game and everyone is encouraged to come out and wear black to cheer on the men’s team.
The ‘Eater Nation crew has completed filming for their video which will be out this week on Facebook and YouTube. Become friends with Peter the Anteater (search: Peter Ant) on Facebook and check out the video. Join the ‘Eater Nation club by attending any game and have your student ID swiped for free entry.
On Jan. 31 the men’s basketball team plays rival Long Beach State in a conference game that will be aired on Fox Sports Network.
Before the game, students and fans will be tailgating in parking lot 6A. Free food will be provided for the first 250 students, or students with meal plans can swipe their meal cards at the commons and get a wristband to eat free at the barbecue. Students wanting to bring their own barbecue are invited to do so, but will need to reserve a spot through ASUCI.
This event will be like the “Duck Roast” earlier this season. UCI teams have shown that they perform best when they have rowdy crowds behind them.
The sports programs at UCI are rising, and need your wild support to help put them on the map. The benefits go both ways as you, the fans, get free food and fun as well. There will be a rock wall, free giveaways and lots of fun for everyone. It’s a great way to kick off Super Bowl weekend, so bring your loud voices and school spirit to help the ‘Eaters beat the Beach!
This week, the men’s basketball team takes on Cal State Bakersfield on Wednesday, Jan. 21 and Cal State Northridge on Jan. 24 in a conference game.