Letter to the Editor

To whom it may concern:

I would just like to write and express my disappointment over the New University’s representation — or more accurately, its lack of representation — of the Genocide Awareness Project (GAP) hosted by Students for L.I.F.E. at UC Irvine on April 19 and 20.

The Genocide Awareness Project occupied roughly 100 feet of space on one of the most highly trafficked areas on campus.  The barricades surrounding the images, the orange warning signs placed throughout campus, and most notably the graphic imaging on the panels made the Genocide Awareness Project an event that was hard, if not impossible, to miss.  If one were to rely solely on the New University for coverage of campus events, one would never have even been aware that this event took place — unless, of course, one looked at the campus police log (which is undoubtedly the first place a student turns to for detailed, in-depth, and objective coverage of monumental campus events).

I hope that at least in the future, the New U will make more of an effort to maintain journalistic integrity through objectively covering events of a controversial nature, regardless of personal opinions, logistical constraints, or whatever else may dissuade them from covering such events.

Sincerely,
Kara Ng

President
Students for L.I.F.E. at UCI