Week of 11/1/10

The week in photos by the New University staff photographers.

Brian Kim | Photography Intern—Women's volleyball players recognize a breast cancer survivor before the start of Friday's game versus UC Davis. The special-themed Think Pink weekend featured teams, coaches, and administrators sporting pink, in support of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Audience members who wore pink also got in free.

Nikki Jee | Staff Photographer—New Dean of the Claire Trevor School of the Arts Joe Lewis speaks to the audience at the Red Carpet Premiere of "Key Largo" on the 10th anniversary of the dedication of the school to award-winning actress Claire Trevor. This screening of "Key Largo" for which Claire Trevor received an Academy Award, took place at Winifred Smith Hall and was the first in the School of the Arts' Claire Trevor Film Festival.

Sofia Panuelos | Staff Photographer—Chancellor Michael V. Drake makes an appearance at the site dedication for the UCI School of Medicine's Gavin Herbert Eye Institute. Gavin Herbert and his mother Josephine Gleis donated the most money ever to UCI's department of ophthalmology with a multi-million dollar contribution. The institute is focused on "elevating the level of eye care in Orange County."

Nikki Jee | Staff Photographer—Coach Scott Juniper led the women's soccer team to its first ever undefeated season. Read Ian Massey's account of their epic journey here: https://www.newuniversity.org/?p=16435

Alan Le | Photography Intern—Disneyland ended its annual HalloweenTime celebration last week.

===

Interested in joining our photography team? Contact newuphoto@newuniversity.org