126

Students Organize, Honoring Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. at UC Irvine This Week
The 28th annual Martin Luther King Jr. Symposium will be held on Jan. 19, 2011, featuring speaker Rev. Irene Monroe, LBGT activist, speaking to this year’s theme, “Uniting Our Voices For Change.”

On Jan. 19, the Cross-Cultural Center will hold a march and rally starting and ending at the flagpoles, from 11:45 a.m. to 1 p.m.

An open mic and drum circle will conclude the week’s MLK events at 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. in the Cross-Cultural Center.

Taking a Leaf Out of Rachael Ray’s Book, Yudof Creates His Own “EVOO”

UC Davis Olive Center now produces a “President’s Blend” olive oil, a flavor specially chosen by UC President Mark Yudof, sold at all UC Bookstores for $12 a bottle.

The blend includes Spanish and Italian olives that make for a balanced nutty flavor.

The UC Davis Olive Center is a 3-year-old research center dedicated to researching how to produce high quality olive oil from California olives.

Henry Samueli  to Speak at His Namesake’s Engineering Building

Dr. Henry Samueli, co-founder of Broadcom Corporation and namesake of UCI’s School of Engineering will speak on his entrepreneurial experience at UCI at Calit2 Auditorium on Tuesday, Jan. 19 from 5:30 p.m. to 6:45 p.m.

Before founding Broadcom in 1991, Dr. Samueli earned his B.A., M.S. and Ph.D. at UCLA and continued as a professor in UCLA’s Electrical Engineering Department.

Dr. Samueli is currently on the UC President’s Board of Science and Innovation, and the Chancellor’s Advisory council at UCI and at UCLA.