News In Brief

UCR Student Alan Sun-Long Lin Missing

UC Riverside student 22-year-old Alan Sun-Long Lin has been reported missing and was last seen Feb. 5 around 1 a.m. at Rudy’s Bar & Grill in Newport Beach.

Flyers have been posted throughout Irvine and Newport Beach.

Assuming a more modern approach as well, his family has started a Facebook event to spread awareness titled “MY BROTHER ALAN IS MISSING!!!!!” with over 36,000 people attending.

Anyone with information should contact the Newport Police Department at (800)550-NBPD.

Body Found Floating In Newport Bay
A dead body found floating in Newport Bay on Saturday may be the missing UC Riverside Student, although this has yet to be confirmed.

The body appeared to be a male in his early twenties and was found floating down the Rhine Channel.

The body was found approximately a week after the 22-year old UCR student went missing.

Metrolink Suicide and Additional Death
On Friday, Feb. 11, two Metrolink fatalities occurred.

At 6:55 p.m. a man threw himself in front of a southbound train between Santa Ana and Tustin, resulting in no injuries for passengers on board.

Earlier that afternoon, a man on a horse was struck and killed by a Metrolink train in Sun Valley.

Further Suicide Occurs in Irvine Regional Park

An unidentified 56-year-old man committed suicide in Irvine Regional Park on Saturday night after threatening to kill his girlfriend.

The man was found dead in a red truck with a gunshot wound.

The incident is still under investigation by the Orange County coroner’s department and Orange County Sheriff.