#NoPrisoners: Road to Omaha

UC Irvine Baseball College World Series 2014 from Elliot Surrey on Vimeo.

UC Irvine’s sophomore starting pitcher, Elliot Surrey was able to capture some behind the scene footage of the Anteaters memorable journey in Omaha at the 2014 College World Series.

As the Anteaters were able to enjoy their most significant run to the College World Series since 2011, it’s safe to say the ‘Eaters savored every second of their trip as they traveled from Oregon to Oklahoma and eventually to Nebraska.

This footage in the video was produced and edited by Surrey as he captured many of the ‘Eaters pregame rituals and newly choreographed dance moves and proved the baseball team was able to have fun and still take care of business.

Surrey, a Film and Media major, enhances UC Irvine’s reputation of scholarly athlete’s dedication on the field and off the field on their studies. Surrey enjoyed his sophomore season by solidifying his spot in the ‘Eaters rotation next year by posting a 2.32 era for the season and tossing 112.2 inning, both second to only Big West Pitcher of the Year Andrew Morales.

Surrey looks to keep the momentum for the forthcoming season for the ‘Eaters and looks to take the baton from Morales as he transitions to the Saint Louis Cardinals organization and Surrey looks to improve on his sophomore season and take the ball as the Anteaters ace to begin the season. With high expectations for the UCI baseball team for the 2015 season, we look forward to more videos composed by Surrey to give us the insight scoop on the road to Omaha. Check out the rest of Surreys videos on his Vimeo account.