307
Jack Yu | New University
Jack Yu | New University

Women’s Water Polo

No. 5 opened Big West play with a pair of wins over No. 15 UC Santa Barbara and No. 7 CSUN over the weekend. Senior Danielle Warde paced the Anteaters with four kills en route to a 6-4 win over the Gauchos at the Santa Barbara Campus Pool Saturday afternoon. Warde once again led the ‘Eaters with four kills the following day afternoon against CSUN at the Matador Pool in a 11-7 victory. UC Irvine improves to an overall record of 15-6 and 2-0 in conference play.

Jack Yu | New University
Jack Yu | New University

Baseball

Freshman Cole Kreuter helped propelled the Anteaters to a 4-3 win over Hawai’i Sunday afternoon to complete a sweep of the ‘Bows at Cicerone Field at Anteater Ballpark. After beginning the season with the worst start in program history at 0-6, but the Anteaters have since rallied back to win eight straight and 11 of their last 12 games. The Anteaters now improve to an overall record of 14-10, four games above .500 and are 3-0 in conference play. UC Irvine return to action Tuesday against San Diego at 6:30 in Cicerone Ballpark.

Men’s Track and Field

UC Irvine sophomore Lloyd Sicard placed fifth in the final of the 110-meter hurdles in the Texas Relays last Saturday. His time of 13.86 seconds is the second-fastest in Anteater history and is a mere 0.6 off of the school record of 13.80.

Kyle Hubbard won the 110-meter hurdles at the UCR Spring Class in Riverside Saturday. Hubbard finished with a time of 14.72 while teammate Oliver Pham’s time of 15.21 landed him a fourth place finish. Lawrence O’Hara finished sixth in the shot put at 50-4 ¾ , Jake Williams finished eighth with a time of 1:54.81 in the 800 meters and Michael Hamill placed ninth in the 100 meters with 11.31. UC Irvine finished with an overall score of 32 points at the meet, placing seventh.

Women’s Track and Field

Rebecka Miranda finished second in the triple jump at 38-3 ½ , while Lauren Ellison finished fourth with 37-0 ¼ and Danika Hitchcock fifth 36-11 ½. Marissa McGuiness finished second in the javelin throw at 125-3 and Ariel Cheng finished third in the pole vault at 12-5 ½. Tyra Jones finished fourth in the 100-meter hurdles with 14.83 second. UC Irvine 4×400 relay finished seventh with a time of 3:58:31. UC Irvine placed eighth in the team competition with 50.5 points.

Men’s Golf

UC Irvine emerged victorious at the Cal Poly Match Play Championship with a 4-1 win over the Mustangs on March 24 at the Cypress Ridge Golf Course in Arroyo Grande. UC Irvine defeated UC Santa Barbara 3-2 and Cal Poly’s “B” Team the day prior to advance to the championship match.

The Anteaters return to the green April 6-7 in the Wyoming Cowboy Classic at Whirlwind Golf Club in Chandler, Arizona.