A Guide to Art Clubs and Organizations at UC Irvine

397
397

With over 600 clubs and organizations to choose from at UCI, the many arts-related organizations and performance groups on our campus can often be overlooked and unbeknownst even to those who are interested in participating in them. In this on-campus arts organization guide, we’ll highlight a few of the premier arts organization on campus, what they do and how you can get involved.

Uncultivated Rabbits serves as the only spoken word poetry organization at UCI; their group includes “poets, listeners, artists, soon-to-be artists, MCs, and the general passerby”. Founded in 2005, the group has strong relations with spoken word organizations on a number of Southern California campuses. Uncultivated Rabbits holds official open mics the first Monday of each month, and general club meetings every other Monday — find Uncultivated Rabbits on Facebook for more details on meeting times and locations.

Improv Revolution and Live Nude People* with Clothes On are the two improvisational comedy groups on campus. Every other Friday night throughout the quarter, iRev and Live Nudes hold hilarious improv shows (at 8PM and 11PM, respectively), themed around relevant holidays or campus events — for example, iRev’s recent The Twelve Days of Nondenominational Winter Holiday Extravaganza Show. Both groups hold auditions for their improv ensembles every quarter. Find Improv Revolution and Live Nude People on Facebook for performance locations.

Last but not least, Vermillion Vocalists, Uniting Voices and Circle of Fifths are three well-known  a capella groups of the many that UCI has to offer. Each has a distinct tone; Vermillion Vocalists is known for their clean-cut upbeat tunes, Uniting Voices for their R&B inspired vibes and the all-male Circle of Fifths for their powerful poppy ballads. Each group holds auditions at the beginning of fall quarter, and will be competing in Soulstice on February 18th.