325

by Summer Wong

For Valentine’s Day, we asked students about their most unlikely date spots around the area. Check them out below!

Martiza Sosa

received_956953221062082“I met my boyfriend at a soccer game, and so I guess the soccer field is our special place. We would revisit the place many times and be reminded of the old memories of when we first met. The soccer field is definitely our thing — somewhere that’s special to the both of us. We’re both really passionate about soccer and we love the sport more than anything. We would kick the ball around, eat food, lay down on the grass, and just look at the sky. We would hang out there for hours and just enjoy being around each other.”

Jessica PeregrinaFullSizeRender-1 (1)

“I’ve been with Hector for about four years and I love him. He’s my boyfriend and my best friend. We’ve definitely been on the normal dates, like movies and restaurants. But most of the time we like to just go to the library and read for a bit, then go to Toys R Us and go to GameStop. It’s super nice because we’re doing the things that we love with each other. It doesn’t matter what we’re doing, as long as we’re doing it together. Sometimes it’s the simplest dates that end up being the sweetest and most meaningful.”

Elijah Sanchez

1512274_667812063324612_1794676250239426632_n

“One of my most memorable dates was a picnic in a graveyard with a girl I was seeing at the time. It was really strange, but definitely interesting. I didn’t really mind the idea of it, and I thought it would be an interesting experience. She had a fascination with horror literature and movies—it was something she was really into. Actually, her favorite movie was “Night of the Living Dead.” We had a good time. We hardly took in the fact that we were surrounded by tombstones because of how much we were enjoying each other’s company. Doing something that’s special to the both of us made the date so much more meaningful.”