Los Angeles Rams to Hold Training Camp at Crawford Field

After two decades, the Los Angeles Rams are making a return to Orange County where they will kick off their 2016 training camp at UCI’s Crawford Field in late July.

UCI officially announced Thursday that the university and the Rams have committed to a three year agreement with a renewal option in which the NFL team will be hosting their summer training camps on Anteater turf.

Rookies on the team will arrive on campus July 26th while the rest of the Rams will file in on July 29th. The Rams’ first practice will follow on July 30th at 3:30pm and will be open to the public. Gates will open 90 minutes before each scheduled practice with a scheduled autograph signing for children 14 years and under following each session. The training camp will conclude on August 30th at 4:30pm.

The last time UCI had a professional football team—or a football team at all—on campus was back in 1990, where the Rams ran their training camp at UCI through 1992 before leaving and returning in 1994. Anaheim Stadium served as a home for the Rams for 15 years from 1980 to 1995.

Following a 20-year stint in St. Louis, the Rams are making their California homecoming this season, which will kick off on August 13th against the Dallas Cowboys at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum.

For the complete schedule of the Rams’ training camp, feel free to click on the link:

http://www.therams.com/ramscamp.html